Spacers with Double Bolts 5x120x72.5 th. 75 mm
Made from a bar of top quality aluminium
Perfect clearance to reduce vibration and enhance driving feeling
10.9 class TUV approved Italian Made bolts and nuts to guarantee the best safety on the road
Set of 2
Shipping may take up to 7 days
Race Use Only
What is a spacer and where should it be placed? What are spacers used for?
Spacers are an accessory mounted between wheel and hub to increase track width, that is, the distance between the wheels, and give the vehicle a stylish, aggressive appearance. Athena S.p.A. offers a wide range of wheel spacers made of top-quality extruded aluminium bar, machined using innovative technologies and the best CNC machine tools for maximum precision, always. This production process, which does not involve melting points, gives Athena spacers unbeatable resistance to wear and, once mounted, eliminates all vibration problems.
Why buy an Athena spacer? What are the advantages of spacers?
Spacers are made using the best quality of aluminium and the kits contain, if applicable, Italian-made, TÜV-certified 10.9 class bolts. Athena spacers are specifically tailored to each vehicle and the bolted versions include the proper bolts for each application, making life easier for the end user (no worries about choosing the wrong type of bolts).
Athena has all the technical know-how and equipment for making any customised spacer on site.
Are wheel spacers legal?
Mounting spacers alters the homologated technical characteristics of the car. Before mounting, therefore, you must check whether this modification is allowed by your country's highway code. Otherwise, you can only use them in closed areas or on a track.
Athena spacers, made entirely with the best aluminium alloys, are for sporting use only. Athena S.p.A. cannot be held responsible for any damage deriving from incorrect use or incorrect assembly of the spacer. Mounting these products could void the vehicle manufacturer's warranty.
How to fit the spacers correctly?
Mounting them requires basic knowledge of automotive mechanics and must be done in a workmanlike manner in order to ensure your safety. For this reason, we recommend that you always have them properly mounted by specialist centres and skilled experts.
1) Clean the wheel hubs PERFECTLY using a wire brush. Support surfaces and all parts in contact with the spacers must not show any traces of oxidation (the steel must be bare);
2) Clean in the same way the inside of the wheel rim on the part that will come into contact with the spacer;
If the wheel bearing grease cap occupies space, it must be removed and reassembled in the centre of the spacer after this has been mounted;
3) After having perfectly cleaned the wheel hubs, position the spacers to check their application (wheelbase, hub diameter and bolt thread);
The spacers must rest perfectly against the surface of the brake disc or drum, in full contact.
The spacers must be positioned parallel to the hub. Positioning the spacer at an angle could block it and cause it to break;
4) Check the length of the bolts and then definitively tighten the spacer.
5) Mount the spacer on the wheel hub by mounting the rim and tightening the nuts or bolts supplied crosswise, using a torque wrench.
6) You must follow the instructions of the vehicle manufacturer or aftermarket producer of the rims to define the tightening torques of the bolts.
7) After tightening, with the vehicle still on the ramp, turn the wheel by hand to make sure it rotates freely without any impediment.
8) Bring the vehicle back down to the ground and tighten the wheels to the torque specified by the manufacturer (using a torque wrench)
9) Check once again that the tyres do not come into contact with any mechanical or bodywork element by steering left and right and shifting the car a few meters.
10) Check the tightness of the spacers and wheels after running in for about 100km.
What to always check to avoid risks?
• Always check the correct tyre pressure
• Check that the fastening bolts are tightened according to the table provided by the manufacturer.
• Check that the tyres do not rub against the bodywork
• Check tyre wear from time to time to make sure toe and camber are correct.
• Check the state of nuts and bolts once or twice a year and always at each tyre change, replacing them if necessary
• If involved in an accident, replace the wheel spacers immediately
• Strictly follow the vehicle manufacturer's recommendations should repairs be needed
These Athena spacers have a thickness of 80 mm, a wheelbase of 120 mm and a hub diameter of 72,5 mm. They also have 5 holes.
|Fitted Into Rims||OEM|
|Hub bolts thread||M12X1,50|
|Hub C to C||5X120|
|Net Weight (Kg)||1.16|
|Type||Double bolts spacers|
|Vehicle spacer||BMW M3 Serie E36 10/1992 - 04/1999 - front
BMW M3 Serie E36 10/1992 - 04/1999 - rear
BMW M5 E34 09/1994 - 01/1997 - front
BMW M5 E34 09/1994 - 01/1997 - rear
BMW M5 E60 M560 09/2004 - 10/2009 - front
BMW M5 E60 M560 09/2004 - 10/2009 - rear
BMW M6 E63 08/2005 - 12/2010 - front
BMW M6 E63 08/2005 - 12/2010 - rear
BMW M6 E64 07/2006 - 12/2010 - front
BMW M6 E64 07/2006 - 12/2010 - rear
BMW Serie 1 Coupé E81 09/2004 - 09/2012 - front
BMW Serie 1 Coupé E81 09/2004 - 09/2012 - rear
BMW Serie 1 E81 / E88 01/2004 - 12/2011 - front
BMW Serie 1 E81 / E88 01/2004 - 12/2011 - rear
BMW Serie 1 E87 11/2003 - 09/2012 - front
BMW Serie 1 E87 11/2003 - 09/2012 - rear
BMW Serie 3 Cabriolet E93 08/2006 - 12/2011 - front
BMW Serie 3 Cabriolet E93 08/2006 - 12/2011 - rear
BMW Serie 3 Coupé E92 06/2006 - 12/2011 - front
BMW Serie 3 Coupé E92 06/2006 - 12/2011 - rear
BMW Serie 3 E36 09/1990 - 08/2000 - front
BMW Serie 3 E36 09/1990 - 08/2000 - rear
BMW Serie 3 E46 02/1998 - 04/2005 - front
BMW Serie 3 E46 02/1998 - 04/2005 - rear
BMW Serie 3 E90 01/2005 - 12/2011 - front
BMW Serie 3 E90 01/2005 - 12/2011 - rear
BMW Serie 3 Touring E91 09/2005 - 12/2011 - front
BMW Serie 3 Touring E91 09/2005 - 12/2011 - rear
BMW Serie 5 5/H E34 12/1987 - 01/1997 - front
BMW Serie 5 5/H E34 12/1987 - 01/1997 - rear
BMW Serie 5 E60 03/2003 - 12/2010 - front
BMW Serie 5 E60 03/2003 - 12/2010 - rear
BMW Serie 5 Touring E61 06/2004 - 12/2009 - front
BMW Serie 5 Touring E61 06/2004 - 12/2009 - rear
BMW Serie 6 E63 01/2004 - 12/2010 - front
BMW Serie 6 E63 01/2004 - 12/2010 - rear
BMW Serie 6 E64 04/2004 - 12/2010 - front
BMW Serie 6 E64 04/2004 - 12/2010 - rear
BMW Serie 7 E23 05/1977 - 08/1986 - front
BMW Serie 7 E23 05/1977 - 08/1986 - rear
BMW Serie 7 E32 01/1987 - 12/1994 - front
BMW Serie 7 E32 01/1987 - 12/1994 - rear
BMW Serie 7 E38 01/1995 - 12/2001 - front
BMW Serie 7 E38 01/1995 - 12/2001 - rear
BMW Serie 8 E31 01/1988 - 12/1999 - front
BMW Serie 8 E31 01/1988 - 12/1999 - rear
BMW X1 Type E84 / X1 01/2010 - 12/2015 - front
BMW X1 Type E84 / X1 01/2010 - 12/2015 - rear
BMW Z3 E36 10/1995 - 06/2003 - front
BMW Z3 E36 10/1995 - 06/2003 - rear
BMW Z4 E85 / Z85 02/2003 - 12/2006 - front
BMW Z4 E85 / Z85 02/2003 - 12/2006 - rear
BMW Z4 E89 / Z89 / ZR 01/2009 - 12/2011 - front
BMW Z4 E89 / Z89 / ZR 01/2009 - 12/2011 - rear
BMW M1 Type E26 05/1979 - 05/1983 - front
BMW Z8 E52 06/2000 - 06/2003 - rear
BMW Z8 E52 06/2000 - 06/2003 - front
BMW M1 Type E26 05/1979 - 05/1983 - rear
BMW M3 E46 M346 01/2000 - 12/2006 - front
BMW M3 E46 M346 01/2000 - 12/2006 - rear
BMW M3 E90 - E92 - E93 / M390 03/2007 - 12/2011 - front
BMW M3 E90 - E92 - E93 / M390 03/2007 - 12/2011 - rear
BMW M3 Serie E30 07/1986 - 01/1992 - front
BMW M3 Serie E30 07/1986 - 01/1992 - rear